Thursday, December 27, 2012

Today is Gavin's third birthday!

Dear sweet Gavin, here are a few things about you at age three!

 You love your little brother! You often kiss him spontaneously (and, yes, sometimes you also smack him or push him spontaneously). You can make him laugh better than anyone else!
 

You are creative. You love music and art. You sing A LOT and always on key! I can sometimes get you to sing to your grandparents or great grandparents over the phone, but most of the time you don't like to "perform"on demand - but your joyful songs while you are entertaining yourself and you don't know I'm listening - those are the ones that make my heart so full.
You are your daddy's mini-me. Everyone comments on how much you look like Daddy. But I think you have some of my personality traits (you're cranky when hungry, you notice how other people are feeling all the time and want everyone to be okay, you're silly and goofy).
 You are so busy. You have been brave from the beginning on playgrounds, climbing trees, asking to go "up in the air" on the swing. You love any open space where you can run.
 You like for me to stay with you at night until you go to sleep, and you are getting pretty clever with your persuasiveness to make me stay with you longer. I hear things I've said coming back to haunt me. You say things like "It's not time for you to get up, it's time to go to sleep. Shhhh." You also tell me to "be patient" when you aren't ready to go to bed. And you sound just like me when you tell Aiden, "No, no, no!"

You love books about police, firefighters, trains, dinosaurs, animals, trucks of all kinds, and your favorite Bible story is David and Goliath (you can pretty much recite that one). You pray for people by saying "Jesus thank you" and then saying your prayer (such as, "Jesus thank you Gibson feel better" when your cousin was sick. And then you say, "He's all better now!" I love your faith!)
You are like a hummingbird, hardly ever still. You love chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, apples, bananas and PB&J. And all things sugary (another trait you got from your mom). You can memorize TV commercials amazingly well and I often hear you singing them which is kind of hilarious ("We are Farmers, bum bum bum bum bum bum bum!"). You like to give people presents but you are still working on liking to share.

I am so thankful for your big heart and your beautiful spirit. I love being your mom. Happy Birthday Gavin!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Aww, what a great post about a wonderful little boy! He's so fortunate to have you as his mom. I hope he had a wonderful birthday!