Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Whispers to my heart lately.

I saw the quote below From this blog on comparison, insecurity, shame... and it just kicked me in the gut ... in a good way.
How tragic to be far from You. To live a brief existence of gorging on self and then to die in a moment and be forgotten forever. I am sad and sorry for those who are unfaithful. For those who fake it, but never become real.
WOW. Gorging on self? Yeah, I've been pretty guilty of that much more than I'd like to admit.
I love how when God steps on my toes, he gently redirects me to new life and purpose.

LOVE. That's what it's all about...that's the cure for selfish overindulgence - just LOVE. How can I tap into the love of God? Just by breathing it in! I am so thankful for that! Just the gift of life and breath! He loves me through my children's beautiful faces, through my husband's gentle strength, through my family's grace and forgiveness, through my friends' encouragement, through sunshine and fall air and cleansing rain and countless little sprinkles of joy and laughter and even through pain and suffering as a still, small Presence that will never leave me. 
How can I pour this love into my sweet children? My husband? My family and friends and community? Just breathe it back out. That's my goal...just breathe, and let love fill me and overflow until it spills back out.

No comments: