Saturday, September 24, 2016

Rebalancing


Working on finding balance. What are some helpful things for you?

I want to start focusing on three areas right now: Exercise, Community and Joy.

My oldest Gavin had a school 5K today and that was fun. He didn't run the whole way because he stayed with a friend who didn't want to run. I decided to be thankful that he wanted to be with his friend instead of pushing him to run the whole race. He is after all only in first grade and has never run even a mile before. But I am excited about starting to run with him because he did really well and has a lot of energy and I think that would be a good outlet for both of us.

Finding community is always a challenge when I've moved, but I have a few areas where I am starting to make connections and I just want to be intentional and remain interested in people. Sometimes I get tired and cranky and want to go into hermit mode and I just have to kick myself out of that. At home, Aiden always pulls me out of my hermit mode. He loves to have conversations, and for me to read to him or help him with his Batman cape or just hold him and snuggle. I want to reach out like he does.

Judah, my youngest, is a living breathing example of joy to me. He is just such a happy kid most of the time and I am so glad for that! He started dancing in the booth at a restaurant today while "Joy to the World (Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog)" by Three Dog Night was playing. It was the cutest thing. That song is pretty fun. (But I don't get the part about the bullfrog). I want to dance, sing, laugh, play, love, smile, and enjoy life more.


So my goal is to just stay focused on the lane I'm in... I want to be a good manager and be grateful for what I've been given, and not envy what someone else has. I really don't want to live someone else's life.


No comments: